Dealing with Cancer at Home
A diagnosis of cancer doesn’t have to mean that your loved must remain in a hospital or nursing home. In fact, they probably will be far more comfortable living at home while they receive treatment.
But patients fighting cancer have individualized needs. Depending on the type of cancer, those needs can vary from the simple to the complex. And you may not be able to meet your loved one’s needs, or have the time to do so. Trying to care for a loved one with cancer is challenging, tiring, and, at times, frustrating.
If you are in the Chicago area, you don’t have to face this challenge alone. Health Advocates Homecare specializes in providing in-home care for patients with cancer. We provide compassionate, attentive care to cancer patients, with a goal of ensuring that they have the support and assistance they need.
What We Can Do for You
We have a wide range of in-home services for your loved one, ranging from providing companionship and emotional support to post-post-chemotherapy/radiation therapy support and assistance.
You can take advantage of our array of cancer care services, including:
- Medication setup and reminders
- Skilled and non-skilled care, ranging from a few hours to 24 hours daily
- Assistance with exercise regimen to help reduce depression and anxiety, and increase stamina
- Emotional and social support through one-on-one interaction
- Meal preparation and nutrition encouragement to help increase energy levels
- Assistance with daily activities
- Personal assistance at home for bathing, dressing, mobility, light housekeeping, and more
- Help with errands and transportation
“We would like to thank you for the professional services rendered to Mr. Tkach. The caregivers were always on time and provided compassionate care during his time of need. I don’t think we could find a finer and more dedicated group anywhere. We are forever grateful for this.”
— Mike B
- We offer an alternative to assisted living and nursing home facilities that allows your loved one to remain in the comfort of home and receive the quality care they need and deserve.
- We offer extensive free evaluations, and develop a customized care plan designed to meet your loved one’s needs.
- Our staff is experienced in cancer home care– attentive, and compassionate. We know how important the care of your loved one is to you.
- Our staff of professionals are all employees, not independent contractors, meaning they are covered by our liability and workers compensation insurance, for your peace of mind.
- Our staff includes one of the only Nurse Certified Geriatric Care Managers in the State of Illinois, as well as two registered nurses with over 50 years of experience in home healthcare.
- Our highly experienced staff will work closely with physicians, families, and other caregivers so your loved one can live independently and safely at home.
- We will be your advocate, both in dealing with insurance and financial matters, and dealing with doctors, hospitals, rehab facilities, and the like.
What it comes down to is this—if you want your loved one to have professional, compassionate care in the comfort of home, you need to contact us today for a free, no obligation consultation. We’ll help give you and your loved one the freedom to live a quality life, at home.
With Health Advocates Homecare, you’re not alone.