What is Geriatric Care Management?
As a holistic, individual-centered approach to caring for seniors with ongoing health challenges, professional geriatric care management provides guidance and answers to providing care for seniors. A Geriatric Care Manager helps seniors, and their families, make decisions that ensure quality care and an optimal life.
Geriatric Care Managers perform assessments, monitor the situation, plan, problem solve, educate, provide caregiver coaching to the family, and serve as an advocate for your loved one and the family.
Geriatric Care Managers can help you in a variety of areas, such as:
- After a comprehensive evaluation, tailor a care plan for senior’s situation
- Help the senor and the family evaluate and select appropriate housing or residential options
- Determine what home care services are right for the senior and assist in monitoring and continually assessing those services
- Aid with ongoing medical management, by attending doctor appointments, facilitating communication between doctor, senior, and family, and, as needed, monitor the senior’s adherence to medical orders and instructions
- Facilitate communication by keeping family members and professionals informed as to the well-being and changing needs of the senior
- Help with and suggest social
- If necessary, refer to or consult with an elder law attorney, and provide expert opinion for courts in determining level of care
- Help with financial planning
- Provide information on Federal and state entitlements and related programs; aiding families in connecting with local programs
- Aid with safety and security, by monitoring the senior at home, recommending technologies to be used for security or safety, and observing potential risks of exploitation or abuse
- Modify the care plan in consultation with the senior and family
The Geriatric Care Manager is educated and experienced in senior care management, including, nursing, gerontology, social work, or psychology, with a focus on issues related to aging and elder care. In short, a Geriatric Care Manager provides needed planning for the ongoing care and comfort of the senior, your loved one.
Experienced, Professional Help in Geriatric Care
Health Advocates Homecare is proud that are staff includes one of the few Geriatric Care Managers in the Chicago area, in fact, in all of Illinois—Pauline McGrath.
Pauline is a caring professional, who will see to it that you and your loved get a care program designed to meet all of your needs. As a certified Geriatric Care Manager, she understands seniors, tailoring a caregiver program designed specifically for them.
“On Sept 1, 2014 I hired Health Advocates to be my Mother’s Caregiver. My mother has Alzheimer’s. It was not an easy job. I had very good people from Health Advocates. Sandy and Tracy. They were both hard workers and very kind. I was also impressed by their supervisor Pauline McGrath, she was very professional and helpful. I would recommend Health Advocates to family and friends.”
— Pat O
What it comes down to is this– if you want the best professional, compassionate care for your loved one, you need to contact us today for your free, no obligation consultation. We’ll help give you and your loved one the freedom to live a quality life, at home.
With Health Advocates Homecare, you’re not alone