Sometimes You Need a Break
Need a break from caregiving? Respite care can give you, and other caregivers, a temporary rest. The fact is, you and other family caregivers need to have sufficient and regular amounts of respite time.
Your loved one is probably most comfortable in the home setting and, since respite care can take place in the home, they don’t have to adjust to a different environment. It’s a great living option for an elderly or disabled person who needs some day-to-day supportive services, but still desires to be independent, enjoying social stimulation and activities.
Take Your Respite with Health Advocates Homecare
Whether you are in need of short term relief or a longer term care arrangement, your first choice in respite care help should be Health Advocates Homecare. We are a Chicago area home care service, and our caregivers can help make life easier for you and your loved one.
Our experienced and professional senior care providers are passionate about their patients and take pride in caring for your special someone in a home of their own where they feel comfortable and safe.
There are a number of areas we can help you and your loved one with, including:
- Making sure medication is taken in a timely manner
- Helping with toileting, incontinence, and related issues
- Bathing, grooming, and dressing assistance
- Assistance with errands and transportation
- Meal preparation
- Light housekeeping
- Help with managing complex issues
- Providing a respite for family caregivers
“Health Advocates employs and is staffed by very patient and understanding people. Potentially difficult situations and clients are handled very diplomatically. I appreciate the open line of communication and quick response to our needs for both mothers in our family.”
— Jane P
Choose Health Advocates Homecare for the Finest in Companion Care
What sets us apart from other agencies offering similar services?
Well, for starters we understand seniors. Just like you and I, they want to have enjoy life, have fun, and, maybe most importantly, be independent. Your loved one doesn’t want to be told what they “can’t” do, or how much “help” they need. We appreciate and understand that. So we do our best to keep them in charge. They call the shots on the services we provide for them. We are just here to make their lives easier.
Our staff of caregivers are compassionate and understanding, and we carefully screen them for your peace of mind. In addition—
- We offer an alternative to assisted living and nursing home facilities that allows your loved one to remain in the comfort of home and receive the quality care they need and deserve.
- We offer extensive free evaluations, and develop a customized care plan designed to meet your loved one’s needs.
- Our staff is experienced in companion care– attentive, and compassionate. We know how important the care of your loved one is to you.
- Our staff of professionals are all employees, not independent contractors, meaning they are covered by our liability and workers compensation insurance, for your peace of mind.
- Our staff includes one of the only Nurse Certified Geriatric Care Managers in the State of Illinois, as well as two registered nurses with over 50 years of experience in home healthcare.
- Our highly experienced staff will work closely with physicians, families, and other caregivers so your loved one can live independently and safely at home.
- We will be your advocate, both in dealing with insurance and financial matters, and dealing with doctors, hospitals, rehab facilities, and the like.
What it comes down to is this—if you want to give yourself a respite, and want your loved one to have professional, compassionate companionship in the comfort of home, you need to contact us today for a free, no obligation consultation. We’ll help give you and your loved one the freedom to live a quality life, at home.
With Health Advocates Homecare, you’re not alone.