Dealing with MS
If your loved one is dealing with Multiple Sclerosis (MS), you know it is a chronic, disabling disease that attacks the central nervous system. It’s debilitating and painful, and, unfortunately, there is no known cure at this time.
The symptoms can range from mild to severe, and include:
- Numbness or tingling in the legs, arms, face, or extremities
- Impaired vision in one or both eyes
- Fatigue and pain
- Muscle weakness, stiffness, and spasms
- Trouble walking or maintaining balance
- Paralysis in one or more limbs
- Bladder problems
- Bowel problems
- Sexual dysfunction
- Forgetfulness, memory loss, or confusion
- Trouble concentrating
Since there is no cure, the goals of MS treatment are to relieve symptoms, prevent relapses, and slow disease progression. The treatment and management of MS can involve lifestyle changes, medicine, and other treatments, such as physical therapy or mental health services.
Getting Help with MS
Multiple sclerosis is a complex condition. While medications can help ease MS attacks and possibly slow the disease, physical therapy and other care help control symptoms and improve your quality of life.
Health Advocates Homecare can help with your loved one’s care and therapy in controlling MS. Our experienced staff can help with physical therapy and the daily challenges that MS presents. We understand what you are dealing with
Our staff of caregivers are compassionate and understanding, and we carefully screen them for your peace of mind. In addition—
- We offer an alternative to assisted living and nursing home facilities that allows your loved one to remain in the comfort of home and receive the quality care they need and deserve.
- We offer extensive free evaluations, and develop a customized care plan designed to meet your loved one’s needs.
- Our staff is experienced, attentive, and compassionate. We know how important the care of your loved one is to you.
- Our staff of professionals are all employees, not independent contractors, meaning they are covered by our liability and workers compensation insurance, for your peace of mind.
- Our staff includes one of the only Nurse Certified Geriatric Care Managers in the State of Illinois, as well as two registered nurses with over 50 years of experience in home healthcare.
- Our highly experienced staff will work closely with physicians, families, and other caregivers so your loved one can live independently and safely at home.
- We will be your advocate, both in dealing with insurance and financial matters, and dealing with doctors, hospitals, rehab facilities, and the like.
What it comes down to is this—if you want your loved one to have professional, compassionate care for MS in the comfort of home, you need to contact us today for a free, no obligation consultation. We’ll help give you and your loved one the freedom to live a quality life, at home.
With Health Advocates Homecare, you’re not alone.